[sane-devel] No-devices-error; SCSI question

Haines Brown brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:06:29 -0400

Martin,

You and a couple others have undoubtedly identified the problem, which
is that the termination at my scanner is not compatible with the
32-bit SCSI adapter.

While configuring the SCSI adapter might be possible, it seems simpler
just to toss in a simple additional PCI SCSI adapter (I'm thinking of
the Adaptec 2906) just for the scanner. I've had painful experience
before controlling which SCSI adapter gets which device interface, but
hopefully things will go better

Thanks for the help and for tolerating an OT question.

Haines