[sane-devel] Redhat Linux 7.3 and Epson 1650 USB Scanner

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:49:17 -0400

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

First of all, the permissions on the scanner device file should be
different: The way it is, only root can scan. If you set it to 666,
then everybody can use the scanner.

You should also reinstall the sane-backend package, there is (was?)
a problem with the upgrade that can be fixed with this command
sequence:

rpm -e --nodeps sane-backends
rpm -ivh sane-backends-1.0.7-6.i386.rpm
(you need the sane-backends-...rpm file from your distribution).

Karl Heinz