[sane-devel] need help with Microtek 35t+ on SPARC/Solaris

Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:21:17 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 09:37:15PM +0300, Markku Savela wrote:
> Several months ago I asked on this list who maintains the microtek
> backend, and nobody appears to do so.

Matto Marjanovic <maddog@mir.com> maintains the microtek backend. He
has fixed some bugs in microtek.c 2 weeks ago so I guess he is active :-)
Just ask him, if he is not on this list.

> I'm fairly pissed off by these scanner makers hiding the info. Is
> there *ANY* scanner maker that gives programming info? If so, my next
> scanner will definitely be of that brand!!!! (I won't buy anything
> from microtek any more).

Mustek gave me the source code of the windows drivers for some Mustek
USB scanners and even wrote GPLed Linux drivers themselves for two of
their scanners. Some other manufacturers also provided code or docs.