[sane-devel] Re: Sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #501 - 11 msgs

The Surprises thesurprises1@attbi.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:54:40 -0700

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:12:14 +0200
> From: Herman Kuiper <herman@ozuzo.net>
> To: sane-devel@mostang.com
> Subject: [sane-devel] Re: Saned problems
>
> > I haven't ever used SaneTwain. In older SANE versions saned had some
> > timing issues that may show such behaviour. Do you use SANE 1.0.8?
>
> Those timeout problems usually manifest themselves with SaneTwain as "Read
> error -64" etc.
>
> When using saned in xinetd mode, does SaneTwain find the host and can it
> connect to the host? You can try telnet'ing to the sane host on port 6566
> and see if the connection is not closed immediately or no connection is
> even made. If SaneTwain gives "Error opening the device" as error, the
> open() call failed. Make sure saned can find the Windows client (although
> when it works when running in debug mode this might not be the problem).
>
> 	Herman

> Herman Kuiper - m: herman@ozuzo.net - w: http://sanetwain.ozuzo.net
> SaneTwain - a TWAIN compliant interface to the SANE scanner backend

I tried xsane for windows and I get a "xsane: No devices available" ..

When I telnet from the windows box to 6566 of the unix box, it appears
to connect, but I can't type anything.

I can see the xinetd log starting the saned daemon everytime I try to
connect from the windows machine.