[sane-devel] SaneTwain and HP2200C

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm@lineone.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:15:26 +0100

At 03:10 PM 8/14/02 +0200, you wrote:
>This warmup period can be set, even to 0s, see plustek.conf file for that
>option. AFAIK there's no way to get the temperature or any other quality
>information from the lamp.

Great, we're really getting there now.  Is there a way of switching the
lamp on without doing a scan, so when the user launches their "scanning
wizard" the lamp can switch on, and then the preview goes ahead (not very
well, but enough to see what's on the bed), and by the time they actually
hit the scan button, the lamp will be warm?

I would like to actually leave the lamp on all the time, but will this
really degrade the life of the scanner?

>Gerhard

Thanks for your reply.

Martyn Ranyard