[sane-devel] libieee1284 <==> redhat 7.3 problem

Shaun Johnston shaun@compverse.com.au
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:55:11 +1000

Hi there...

I'm running Redhat 7.3, attempting to install SANE to drive a CanoScan N640p
(as fate would have it).

I installed libieee from an RPM, but SANE's config doesn't seem to detect it,
hence won't install the canon_pp library.

libieee1284.so.3.0.1, libieee1284.so.3 and libieee.a are all located in
/usr/lib, so I created symlinks to all of them at /usr/local/lib (their
default location, as specified by
http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-June/003991.html) to no
avail.

What else would I need to do in order for SANE's config to detect libieee?

Should I uninstall the libieee rpm and install again from source?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun Johnston