[sane-devel] Re: [hpoj-devel] ADF on HP Office Jet G85, Continuous Mode?

Brent Hasty blueeagle1@crosswinds.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:46:24 -0700

On Friday 16 August 2002 04:54, Allen Barnett wrote:
I have another HP scanning device with a sheet feeder, a scanjet 6350c.
Using Xsane I am able to batch scan and convert to my image format of choice.
 But for some reason the same options, settings, or preferences do not seem
to work similar for the G85.

One clue I have noticed that might be a possiable culpret is:
Under Preferences>setup>enhancments> there is a sub entry labeled Automatic
Document Feeder Modus:  with the 6350c I have 4 choices (none), Normal, ADF,
and XPA.  When attemting to adjust this setting on the G85 the only option is
(none)

Where can I go from this to finding out why for the G85 Xsane will not allow
me to select the ADF in the prior mentioned menue entry?

I will have to try your suggestion, how can I get it to save my scanned
images as *.png, using that command?

Are there ways I can test from the command line or other, and find out more
information on the ADF on the G85?

Can I manually edit a rc file for xsane to force the ADF option?

--
"The place of the material world in the universe is that of an exquisitely
beautiful precipitate or varied cloud-work in the universal Ęther, determined

Brent Hasty
http://www.Hasty-Solutions.com