[sane-devel] spam filtering [OT]

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:35:34 -0400

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 00:15, Rene Bartsch wrote:
>Am Mon, 2002-08-19 um 21.48 schrieb Major A:
>> Fantastic, I just got this back after posting to this list:
>> > Due to an excess of spam, I've had to install a filter that
>> > blocks email from anyone that I don't already have on my
>> > accept list. If you would like me to actually get future
>> > email, go to http://www.draconis.com/email.html and sign up.
>> > Please note that your original email and any others you may
>> > send before you sign up on the web page will be completely
>> > discarded and never seen by me.
>> >
>> > If you did not send me any email, then you are getting this
>> > because some spammer (or virus) has decided to forge your
>> > address as the return. In order to protect you from being
>> > flooded in this case, this script will never send this warning
>> > message more often than once every 14 days to any single
>> > address.
>> >
>> > The complete headers of the original email are included below
>> > for your reference.
>>
>> So there are people who automatically send a reply to spam. And
>> I have always wondered why some parts of the internet were so
>> painfully slow...
>
>There are people who never heard about preventing SPAM by
> 'Teergrubing' ... But the hundreds of SPAM-mails in the MLs have
> become quite annoying.
>
>Rene

Agreed.

And then there are those that just put up with it by using local
filters to move it to a JunqueMail folder, which I pack up and send
to the ftc here in the states a couple of times a day.

As for those who subscribe to such a service, making *me* jump thru
hoops to answer a question *they* asked in the first place, the
heck with them and the camel that rode in on them.  There's
probably better ways to say it though, my apologies.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M