[sane-devel] HP4470c

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:49:01 +0200

----- Origineel Bericht -----
Van: "Scudette" <scudette@topickupchicksi.servebeer.com>
Datum: Dinsdag, Augustus 20, 2002 12:02 pm
Onderwerp: [sane-devel] HP4470c

>   I have reverse engineered a lot of this scanner some time back
> and have
> published a lot of this information on a web site:
>
> http://reapoff.sourceforge.net/hpscanner/
>
> The (reversed) specs are there as well as a small program to do a
> scan. I have
> not been doing this for a while, but from memory where i left it
> off i was
> able to do a full scan, control the position on the glass where
> the scan would
> take place and control the resolution. I still could not decode
> the color
> information. I also have some more code that is in various stages
> of testing
> which i can post.
>
> I would really love for this project to continue, if anyone else
> can assist.
>
> Michael.

I think it's a good idea to send an e-mail to Jonathan Buzzard, he
keeps a list of scanners supported under Linux and their status.
See http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html for USB
scanners for example.

Also I think it is a good idea to send an e-mail to Henning
Meier-Geinitz with a '.desc' file. The .desc file describes the
manufacturer, link to project page, current status of Linux support
etc. You can find examples of how to write a .desc (actually quite easy
in the sane-backends source package.
Henning may then decide to add it to the list of 'external backends'
(see http://panda.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends-external.html )

Kind regards,
Bertrik