[sane-devel] Color profiles with SANE?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:02:58 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:16:48AM +0000, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > I'm using sane in the network and I don't want to work with
> > color-profiles at every client in every CAD/photo-software.
> >
> > So I'd like to know if it is possible to put one color-profile into the
> > SANE backend/server ...
>
> With "color-profile" you mean the gamma curves? They are usually set
> by the frontend and not saved by the backend so I don't think it's
> possible. E.g. XSane saves all its per-scanner option values in
> ~/.sane/xsane/manufacturer:product.drc . So basically you could share
> this file with NFS. But I don't know what happens if two clients use
> it simultaneously...
>
> Maybe the frontend authors can give some more comments on this issue.

Hello.

For XSane the different device dependant files can not / should not
be shared by different devices when they are not of the same manufacturer
and type. I also think it does not make sense to use the same gamma
correction values for different scanners. It is not possible to use
the same gamma correction values in different frontends for the same
scanner/backend.

Best regards
Oliver

--