[sane-devel] Scanmaker 3800 SCAN 08

Steve Nordquist signa@birch.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:27:27 -0500

On Monday 19 August 2002 08:16 am, you struggled free to say:
&> Hi
&>
&> I have a Microtek USB scanmaker 3800 , but it seems that there ar no
 drivers &> for this scanner. The scanmaker 3600 project doesn't seem to
 support it. &> This scnanner is based on SCAN 08 chip
&> http://www.sq.com.tw/products/spec/scan08Spec.PDF

Hm, needs a litte more data, if you can get that.  I still haven't picked=
 up
the horn and just called them yet.  If you do, get 'em to post the spec
with sample UHCI/OHCI schema (or by URL) to the list.

Dang, I thought it might have been one with JPEG built in, but that was t=
he
4800 and I guess I'd want to program it to do JBIG now....
If you don't mind running WinDASM on a working Win__ machine, finding
and logging codestreams to the device (small scans in various modes of
say, text, a photo in matte, a spectrum or greyscale) and posting them to
a website where I might work with them, that would help.  So would findin=
the UHCI/OHCI structures (before/after they are processed by the OHCI
system host driver. which edits it a bit.)  You might need a particular m=
ethod,
so that the lawful parts of the EULA are honored.  Legal departments
have weird ideas about quality....

&> When i launch sane-find-scanner it say's sane-find-scanner: found USB
&> scanner (vendor =3D
&>     0x05da, product =3D 0x30ce) at device /dev/usb/scanner0

That's handy too, but it doesn't match the 3800 spec to USB registers
and transfers.