[sane-devel] SANE platform support update?

Philippe Houdoin philippe.houdoin@free.fr
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:17:47 +0200 (MEST)

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> If anyone got (parts of) SANE running on a system not
> mentioned on http://panda.mostang.com/sane/sane-support.html I would
> like to know in any case.

Yep, BeOS run SANE too!
:-)

SANE 1.0.3 was first ported to BeOS, under the name BeSANE,
Massimiliano Origgi:
http://www.intuiware.com/Products/BeSANE/index.html

Then, I start a BeOS GUI SANE frontend project:
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/sanity/index-en.html

In this project process, I made a SANE 1.0.5 BeOS port and fix
some issues I encountered with original BeSANE port, but since
can't find time to update to latest 1.0.8.
This SANE 1.0.5 BeOS port was never release publicly,
however... (lazyness!) I may do it soon, eventually. ;-)

Since, another guy join me on Sanity project and
release a first alpha version of the BeOS SANE GUI frontend:
http://www.bebits.com/app/2847

As BeOS is not what we can call a UNIX family member OS, maybe it'll
cool to show that SANE works on it too:

Platform: BeOS R5.0.x ix86
Platform link=http://www.bebits.com/app/2680
Latest SANE version tested: 1.0.5