[sane-devel] Digital camera under linux

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:16:23 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 07:32:00AM +0200, Miroslav BENES wrote:
> Have you any information about working this digital camera under
> linux :
>
> Trust 510 FX FamilyC@m ? (http://www.trust.com/12913)
>
> In technical specification is :
> "As a digital photographic camera operated via the TWAIN driver"

That's not a technical specification :-) TWAIN is a standard for
applications, not scanner or camera hardware. It's just marketing
speak.

> Will be it working as scanner ? Is it supported by sane ? Have
> you any experience with it ?

As far as I know, there is no direct driver for this camera. However,
you may have luck using gphoto2 (http://www.gphoto.org). There is a
gphoto2-interface for SANE, so if it's supported by gphoto2, you can
use it by SANE, too.

I don't know anything about cameras but I remember someone wrote in
Usenet that some cameras can be connected as USB storage devices. This
USB device class is standardized so it may be possible to use the
device that way.