[sane-devel] New Epson Scanners

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:41:00 +0200

Hi,

[SNIP]
> > Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> >> So it's definitely not supported by the EPSON backend. I still
> >> think that it's very likely a NS983x based scanner that could
> >> be supported by the Plustek backend.
> >> Does anybody know a good test that does not require to open
> >> the cover and will detect an NS983x chip.
[SNAP]

if the device is based on a NS983x chip you might alter the Plustek
backend, simply by duplicate the EPSON1250 entry in the file
plustek-devs.c (around line 1673) and replace the device ID by
the one your scanner has. This should pass the backend by to
the LM983x test...
If you want me to provide a small LM983x test, simply say so ;-)

Anyway, let me know if you need more assistance...

Gerhard