[sane-devel] Re: QuiteInsane

Michael Herder crapsite@gmx.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 08:30:08 +0100

Till Kamppeter, Samstag, 30. November 2002 22:58:
> I forward your mail to Michael Herder and the SANE guys. So I hope
> someone there can help you.

I'm not sure, that I understand this mail :-/ Are you talking about my
ChangeLog entry "Replaced KPrinter with QPrinter, when linked with KDE libs,
because KPrinter caused trouble and crashes all the time without an obvious
reason." ?
Btw, I do not blame KPrinter for this. I will contact Michael Goffioul to
clarify this.
Just some comments:
1. It should not be necessary to modify configure.in in to link with Qt3.
Just set QTDIR correctly.
2. When you're running KDE3 and want to link with Qt3, then configure with
"--enable-mt" (KDE3 normally uses the Qt3 lib with thread support). Otherwise
you will
2.1. link with a qt3 lib *without* thread support (if installed)
or
2.2. you will get an error message, that qt2 wasn't found (misleading).
3. If you want to run QuiteInsane under KDE3, you should also configure
with "disable-qt-styles". Don't use "--enable-kde-app" in this case. Qt3 apps
can use the same style like KDE3 apps *without* linking to KDE3 libs.

Or shorter:
If you want to run QuiteInsane under KDE3 do:
configure --enable-mt --disable-qt-styles

bb
Michael