[sane-devel] Solaris and find_scanner

Bruce Riddle briddle@riddleware.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:43:46 -0500

I'm running Solaris 9 X86,
succesfully built sane-backends-1.0.9, sane-frontends-1.0.9      xsane-0.89

However I'm haveing difficulties locating my scanner.

After a boot the first time I run sane-find-scanner
it returns nothing.

the second time it returns:

found SCSI processor "EPSON Perfection1640 1.03" at
/dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0
# Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
SANE. Try
# scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

# No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
# you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have installed a
# kernel scanner module.

# Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be
# detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
# found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
# necessary.

I can however do:
scanimage -d epson:/dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0 >/tmp/scan
it works fine.

xsane and xscanimage can't find it tho.

Some of the system traces (using truss) I did seem to open the
epson.conf file
but never the device.

Thoughts....