[sane-devel] Solaris and find_scanner

Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:53:45 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:43:46PM -0500, Bruce Riddle wrote:
> I'm running Solaris 9 X86,
> succesfully built sane-backends-1.0.9, sane-frontends-1.0.9      xsane-0.89

Good, one more platform for our list. Which compiler + version did you
use? Does dynamic loading and shared libraries work? If you don't know
how to check this, show us the file size of the scanimage binary and
the libsane.so library (or whatever it's called on your system).

> However I'm haveing difficulties locating my scanner.
>
> After a boot the first time I run sane-find-scanner
> it returns nothing.
>
> the second time it returns:
>
> found SCSI processor "EPSON Perfection1640 1.03" at /dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0

Looks ok. Maybe there is some sort of autoloading a driver involved
that doesn't work the first time?

Does the scanimage command mentioned below work immediately after
reboot?

> I can however do:
> scanimage -d epson:/dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0 >/tmp/scan
> it works fine.
>
> xsane and xscanimage can't find it tho.
>
> Some of the system traces (using truss) I did seem to open the
> epson.conf file
> but never the device.

That doesn't depend on the frontend. All the hardware stuff is done by
the backend, so the behaviour should be the same.

Try "xsane epson:/dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0".

Add epson:/dev/scsi/processor/c1t5d0 to epson.conf. After that, you
shouldn't need to specify the device file name on the command line.