[sane-devel] include config.h before any other headers

Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:55:15 +0100

Hi,

While updating configure.in, I got some starnge compilation errors in
epso_scsi.c and sm3600.c. They both didn't like the u_something types
(u_char in the epson case). The reason is that these files didn't
include sane/config.h as first include file but somewhere later in the
code. As config.h defines some types that are necessary for
compilation, please always include them first. Well, at least if you
don't also include lalloca.h, but see doc/backend-writing for this case.

Because the fix was easy I've changed epson-scsi.c and sm3600.c in
CVS. I hope the maintainers can forgive me :-)