[sane-devel] Re: Epson Stylus cx3200 MFP

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:03:09 -0500

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 11:16, LukenShiro wrote:
>Alle 16:27, mercoledì 4 dicembre 2002, Till Kamppeter ha scritto:
>> And with which SANE version/driver/configuration did you make
>> the device finally scanning?
>
>The scanner.c module has to be edited because the kernel usb
> scanner developers probably had been too restrictive (only one
> usb interface on a usb port was supported at a time, and this
> "all-in-one" has two interfaces: printer and scanner)

Ding Ding, you just woke me up!

And what kernel version was that?  I ask because I just had to
backup from 2.4.20 to 2.4.20-rc3 in order to print, all 4 ports on
the 2 hubs available externally are full here due to mouse, ups,
scanner and printer.  My mobo has another hub, but no front panel
buildout on it (yet)

2.4.20 wouldn't print come hell OR high water.  The /dev/usb/lp0
port was always busy.  Reboot to 2.4.20-rc3 and all is well again.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M