[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:30:02 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 07:16:12PM +0000, Alexis wrote:
> > You should see at least the following messages:
> > kernel: usb.c: registered new driver usbscanner
> > kernel: scanner.c: probe_scanner: User specified USB scanner --
> > Vendor:Product - 55f:21d (if you are lucky: kernel: usb.c: usbscanner
> > driver claimed interface d74c2624) kernel: scanner.c: 0.4.9:USB Scanner
> > Driver
> >

> > If the endpoint issue is the cause for not detecting it you'll get the
> > following message in syslog:
> >
> > probe_scanner: Undetected endpoint -- consult Documentation/usb/scanner.txt
> >
> That is exactly what I have got,

So it won't work with the scanner driver. The question is: even if
there was a change in the scanner driver, would it be possible to
support this scanner at all? I mean, we could rewrite the driver to
ignore the second bulk-in endpoint but probably this endpoint is
needed for operation.

The better and more flexible way is to uses libusb. I don't know
however, if viceo supports using it.

> I read scanners.txt and I find the Colorado usb 19200 is supposed to
> be supported!

Maybe they sold two differnt scanners with the same name? This has
happened before. But that's really a question for the viceo
maintainer, I can't answer this.

> I didn't get anything like kernel:
> usb.c: usbscanner driver claimed interface d74c2624 though, however I get one
> that says usb.c unhandled interfaces on device.

That's ok. The "claimed interface" message is only printed when the
scanner is detected.