[sane-devel] SCSI autodetection on non-Linux systems?

Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:15:18 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 10:02:24AM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:41:05 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
> >However, the code in sanei_scsi.c looks like sanei_scsi_find_devices()
> >was also implemented for FreeBSD, OS/2, and Irix. Is this correct?
> >Does autodetection work on these platforms?
>
> Autodetection finds my Epson GT9500-Scanner on OS/2

Good.

> Autodetection does not find my mustek-scanner.

Not good.

> Is there a list which backends do support autodetection?

No, but every backend that has "scsi something" in the config file
should work. I have no idea why it doesn't work with mustek. On Linux,
this works.

Can you show the sane-find-scanner output of the Mustek scanner? Maybe
it's a problem with the empty product name in the OS/2 code of
sanei_scsi_find_devices.c. We had a similar problem on Linux some time
ago.