[sane-devel] Problems with EPSON GT-6000

khk@khk.net khk@khk.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:05:17 -0500 (EST)

No, I don't mean the "cable", I mean an actual interface card that goes
into your computer.

From the log it looks like the scanner is not sending any data. The

backend actually writes out a warning: It suspects that the parallel
port is not configured for bidirectional communication.

The backend finds the last byte that it wrote out when it tries to
read from the scanner.

This is not a problem with Sane or the EPSON backend, it's a problem
with the configuration of your parallel port.

I have no first hand experience with EPSON par port scanners. You should
check out Christian Bucher's site at http://www.calsoft.de/~christian/Epson/
He worked on the EPSON backend before I "adopted" it.

Karl Heinz