[sane-devel] devices and backends

Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:20:50 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 05:42:38PM +0100, John Doe wrote:
> I have in the last week posted,

I know. Why do you open a new thread for every single message?

> is it possible to give scanimage the device, vendor and produktID
> without edit a backend?

Why do you want to edit the backend? Do you mean the source code?

I have already mentioned quite some times that you can use the "-d"
option to specify the SANE device name.

I guess most devices will just try what's given in the command line
even if it's not in the config file. Some may need the entry in the
config file, however, e.g. to set up the options for this device.

If you can explain what you want to do in more detail, maybe there is
a solution.

> I write a prog which using the sane api!!

Well, that's nice. Can you write more about this? Is it a frontend?