[sane-devel] Nikon AX-110 Test

Kenneth Heafield kpu@geek.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:57:07 -0500

I have a Nikon AX-110 SCSI (aka Scantouch 110) scanner on a Tekram Ultra
SCSI DC-315.  Sane detects the scanner correctly, but only if I run it
as root.  It can get previews and full scans part of the time.  More
than half the time, the scan will halt partway through.  The scanner
stops moving and emits a high frequency sound.  SANE does not report any
errors.  It just waits for more data.  Aborting the scan or preview does
not work.  The only way I know to stop it is to kill sane and restart
the scanner.  However, no scans will work after that unless I rmmod the
module for my SCSI card and insmod it again.  Sometimes, I cannot rmmod
the module or sg because the device is busy.