[sane-devel] Drivers

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:09:09 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 02:57:41PM +0100, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> HELP!!!!!!!!!! - NOT AGAIN!!!!!!

:-)

> Those d**n manufactures, by using similar names they make us believe
> that same or similar hardware is inside those cheap scanners...
> The HP2300C does not contain a LM983x chip, see my mail on this list
> "HP2300C chipset":

Maybe we should add an unsupported.desc file that lists all the
scanners that are unsupported and point to websites containing
information about them. So we could add the entries from PROJECTS that
don't provide backends yet.

At least that would make sure we have all the information in one place.
However, it will need quite some attention to update the file when the
scanners get actually supported.

> Sparrow Main Board V1.2 12-00080-01C with two Chips:
>
> 26-00122-03A                           <------- ASIC ???
> 0213E2FC1

No imprint of the manufacturer?