[sane-devel] XSane-0.90 released

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:07:29 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 11:04:27PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> XSane 0.90 has been released as sourcecode, win32-binary and
> suse-8.0-binary.rpm.

[...]

>  - added test for (pid_status < 0) in xsane_fax_send in routine
>    waiting for child process. The program does continue now
>    when the fax is sent.

Good! Now faxing works really nice with xsane.

>  - fax setup: added "set program defaults" buttons for efax, hylafax and
>    mgetty+sendfax

That's even better. It took me some time to find out which options to
use for faxspool.

>  - xsane-scan.c/xsane_read_image_data() and
>    xsane-preview.c/preview_read_image_data:
>    when we have no select_fd then we don't leave the scanloop with break; but
>    we do a gtk_main_loop and  continue;

Seems to work now.

Some random points not related to the new release:

* Help menu, About translation:
  Maybe it's also possible to view the last translator and the date of
  translation of the backend options?
* Help menu, Backend doc + available backends (same page?)
  - The image (sane-logo2.jpg) isn't there
  - The list is quite out of date
  - Not a single link seems to be working
* Help menu, Problems
  - No image
* Help menu, Scan tips
  - No image
  - http://www.infomedia.net/scan/ doesn't exist

Running xsane with a SANE device name (e.g. xsane test:0) seems to run
sane_get_devices. Can this be avoided? It can take quite some time
when several scanners are attached.