[sane-devel] RE: (Big?) Problem with fork() in OSX

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:05:31 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:39:47PM -0000, Phil Barrett wrote:
> The problem is that after you call (*taskinferface->ObtainExclusiveAccess)()
> a fork()ed thread is then denied access because the first thread has
> exclusive access.

I thought fork creates new processes not threads?

I don't see how to workaround such problems in SANE.

I don't even see how to workaround it in libusb if there is no way to
regain acces in the child process.

Isn't there any way to make sure that childrens of the current process
can access the already opened devices?

Otherwise I guess Mac OS X and SANE is a no-go at least for some
backends.