[sane-devel] XSane-0.90 released

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:54:30 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:15:55PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > I just tried to scan using Gimp and when I pressed the scan button I
> > got:
> >
> > Error during save: Could not create secure file (may be a link does exist):
> > /tmp/scan/out-0006.pnm
> >
> > /tmp/scan does not exist. Looks like xsane uses the path that was
> > selected when using the "save" mode some time before. But in Gimp mode
> > I can't change this path. The "Tepomrary directory" is set to /tmp.
> >
> > Starting xsane from outside of gimp, selecting "save mode" and
> > changing the image file name to a directory that exists and then
> > starting xsane in gimp again works.
>
> Hm, That is strange.
> I can not reproduce this.
>
> In the xsane setup you can change the temporary directory.

I know. That's set to "/tmp".

> But the filename in the save mode should not have any influence
> to the temporary path or the gimp scanning path.
>
> Please can you repeat the test?

Ok. I moved ~/.sane/xsane away so there aren't any unusual
pereferences. Started "xsane test", selected "save mode" and put
"/tmp/blubber/image.pnm" in the filename box. Closed xsane.

Opened Gimp, called file->acquire->xsane Geräteauswahl
selected, test:1 (test must be uncommented in dll.conf),
Pressed "scan". Voila: Error during save... /tmp/blubber/image.pnm.

Some debug statements revealed that the error occurs in
xsane_start_scan, in the block after the following line:
  if (!xsane.header_size) /* first pass of multi pass scan or single pass scan */

looks like dummy_filename is set to the filename selected in save mode.