[sane-devel] HP 3570C vendor 0x03f0 product 0x2005 no support

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:39:42 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:01:45PM +0100, thierry.babar wrote:
> The model is hp scanjet 3570C  (the user manual tell me that this is
> the 3500 type)

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x2005) at /dev/usb/scanner0

> i'm very interested to run this scanner and also to work a driver with
> other's
> but i'm a newby !

Looks like nobody started a project for this scanner yet, at least
there is nothing in the PROJECTS file. If you check for that model in
google, on of the hits is:
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~bertrik/hp3300c/hp3300c.html

So the first thing you should find out is, if your scanner also has
the RealTek RTS8801C2-6 ASIC. If it has, send this information to
Bertrik Sikken so he can update his page.

Then check the mailing list archive if anyone has already started
working on the 3500 or 3570.

Maybe the following article can help if you want to start writing a
backend yourself:

http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-December/016881.html

And please, if you find out anything, have some logs, or even write
software for this scanner: put it on a web page so we can link to it
in the PROJECTS file.