[sane-devel] SANE2 and filmscanners

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:56:55 +0000

oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de said:
> A backend should make an sane option for this feature. There is no
> need to make a well known option for this.

There should at least be a recommended name for the option. It would
be silly for one backend to call it multipass and the next multiple_passes
and the next ... when it is a standard feature of most film scanners.

> There is a flag that tells that there are more images. To select the
> image #x the backend can create an option. So there will be support
> for this. The question is if this should be a well known option.

Again I think it is sensible to make some standard options. These
are standard features of film scanners, and standard options for
standard features makes a lot of sense if you ask me.

If I go from one scanner to another at some point I don't expect the
standard features to change. Just my thoughts as I am scanning a whole
pile of negatives using Vuescan at the moment. I have started collecting
some orange masks of the different types of film as I scan them in and
was wondering what might be missing from the SANE standard that would be
needed to implement free clone of Vuescan.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195