[sane-devel] scanner and CD-R problem (ide-scsi)

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:25:39 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 09:35:05AM +0100, c1sc0@mac.com wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a new SCSI scanner on a system using an Adaptec
> 2906 SCSI adapter. The system has a CD-RW drive connected via IDE-SCSI
> on internal IDE bus 2. The CD-RW is recognized and works perfectly. The
> Adaptec card is recognized in Harddrake and seems properly configured
> as far as IRQ conflicts go, uses aic7xxx driver. When I look at
> /proc/scsi/scsi the only device found is the one sitting on the
> ide-scsi bus. Nothing is detected on the Adaptec bus. How can I
> convince my system to scan the Adaptec bus?

So the aic7xxx is loaded (ls /proc/scsi)? Does it work without the
ide-scsi emulation?

> Any help would be appreciated. I've done a little research and I think
> the problem is ide-scsi related. I'm coming from OSX so I'm a bit new
> to the Linux way of handling this stuff - Cisco

If it works without ide-scsi (I guess "rmmod ide-scsi"), it's a kernel
issue. I thought this long-standing problem has been fixed meanwhile
but it seems to pop up again.

Which kernel version are you using?