[sane-devel] [Q] net scan (in)compatibility

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
25 Dec 2002 09:42:21 +0900

Hi all,

I am looking for information about version (in)compatibilities when
scanning over the net.  I've searched the mailing archives, but did
not find what I was looking for, so ...

Basically, I would like to know whether there are known problems when
scanning from a client using one version of sane when the scan server
uses another version of sane(d).  In other words, how intercompatible
are the net meta-backend and saned with respect to their version (and
hosting OS)?

TIA,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2