[sane-devel] Vuego 310S scanner help

John Coppens jcoppens@usa.net
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:47:42 -0300

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:42:22 +0900
"Blomberg David" <dblomber@Libertec.com> wrote:

> The /proc/scsi list one file scsi no other devices??  thats kinda
> strange.

Check the contents of that file...   cat /proc/scsi/scsi
All devices should be listed in that file - if any.
Another thing to check is if the devices were created, though I would
think that is mostly automatic if the drivers are installed.

If the sane utils were compiled, try running scanimage -L . Also
check the startup messages - use the 'dmesg' command to see them. A
reference to the detected interface should be present.

Another problem could be that, if the SCSI driver are compiled as modules,
they don't get loaded automatically.

In my case, I have an Agfa Snapscan scanner which won't run without
updating the firmware (scanner's internal software) I had a Vuego before -
I don't think it needs that though.

John