[sane-devel] Problems on Ultra SPARC

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:06:38 +0100

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:

> According to the recommendations of Henning I used the highest possible
> debug-level:
> SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 sane-find-scanner -v -v
> the result of this command may be found within the attachement of this email.
> The device is opened correctly, but then there is an error with the ongoing
> commands.

could you provide more log output? The file attached to your mail
contains only the stdout stuff from sane-find-scanner: the error message
"invalid argument". The messages printed to stderr should give more
interesting data. The command

SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 sane-find-scanner -v -v 2>&1 > logfile

should do the job.

Abel