[sane-devel] Segmentation fault on OS X

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:11:23 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 07:53:40PM -0700, Andrew Hawkes wrote:
> I get segfaults when running scanimage, xscanimage, xcam, or xsane on
> OS X.

As a workaround, disable sm3600 in dll.conf if you don't need it.

> I have made sure I have only one SANE installation. When I run
> any of them through gdb, I find the segmentation fault is at the exact
> same point:
>
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /Volumes/Fink/bin/xscanimage
> [Switching to process 7168 thread 0xb03]
> Reading symbols for shared libraries ................ done
> Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
>
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> 0x002d0b4c in usb_find_devices ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x002d0b4c in usb_find_devices ()
> #1  0x00157494 in sane_sm3600_init ()

sane_init in the sm3600 backend calls usb_init(), usb_find_busses()
and usb_find_devices(). I can't find any obvious error. For me it
looks like the bug is either in libusb or in a deeper layer of the Mac
OS USB system.

> Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.

Yes, the sm3600 problem has been reported. I'll add it to README.darwin.