[sane-devel] Sane an xsane

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:04:13 +0100

Hi,

> It's all right:
>
> snapscan.conf
>
> # a device name.
>
> # For USB devices, make sure that the name contains 'usb' somewhere, as in
> # '/dev/usbscanner' or '/dev/usb/scanner0'. Do not use a link
> # from /dev/scanner to your USB device.
> # For SCSI, use the generic device (e.g. /dev/sg0 in Linux).
>
> #/dev/sg0
> /dev/usbscanner

In this case send me a debug log ("export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255",
"scanimage -L 2>debug.log").

It's also possible that sane never gets to initialize the snapscan backend
because another backend causes problems. In this case, try to disable all
backends but snapscan in dll.conf (also in /usr/local/etc/sane.d).

Regards,

Oliver