[sane-devel] multi-pass microtek

Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:26:31 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:47:23PM +0100, Markus Bertheau wrote:
> I am able to scan in color now by inserting a sleep(10) in wait_ready in
> microtek.c. But this is only an ugly hack.

I don't know anything about Microtek scanners so I'm just guessing:

Does the wait_ready function work at all? To be more specific: does
the result of sanei_scsi_cmd return anything other than
SANE_STATUS_GOOD? If yes, I would just increse the number of tries to
e.g. 10. Currently it waits only for 15 seconds which may be to little.

If it doesn't work at all, you may have to look at a different way for
checking if the scanner is ready. There is a variety of functions to to this
in mustek.c, because every Mustek scanner has it's onw idea of how to
tell that he's ready.

By the way: Matthew Marjanovic <maddog@mir.com> is the listed active
maintainer of this backend. I don't know if he is still maintaining
the backend, but you can try to contact him.