[sane-devel] Additional options to pass to sendfax?

stan stanb@awod.com
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:52:29 -0500

I'm replacing a scaning system runing on a HP-UX workstation with one runing on a Linux box.

The old system used the command line version of xvscan, as the core of the scaning engine, and
prompted the user (using Vue scripts) for all f the needed data to pass to Hylafax's sendfax(
recipeient name, recipent company, ...) If you look at the man page for sendfaxe, you will see
that there are a fair number of paramters that can be passed to it to control things on the
cover sheet.

Now waht I would really like to do is use xsane --fax to replace this whole ball of wax. But
unless I am missing something, there doesn not seem to be anyway to spcify any more than the
recieveing fax numbeer using the xsane interface.

Please tell me that I'm missing something here. Otherwise I can see that I will be wrting
perlTK code for a while :-(

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin