[sane-devel] Problems with Agfa Snapscan e20

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:45:50 +0100

Hi,

> I run a scanner Agfa Snapscan e20 on  Suse Linux 7.3. I configured Sane
> 1.0.7 and it's running OK but there is a problem.-
>
> When I first boot my computer and when the scan module is being uploaded,
> my scanner begins to make bizarre noises, I cannot describe them but I
> thing that's not good... The thing is that after that, xsane works fine and
> it only happens when I start my computer after some hour with no work at
> all...

You mean it's producing the noise if you start xsane, or if you start to
acquire a preview? In the first case you could try to upload the firmware
manually using agfafirm (from http://snapscan.sourceforge.net) and see if
that changes anything.

Please also send me a debug log ("export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255", "xsane
2>debug.log").

Regards,

Oliver