[sane-devel] Genius Colorpage Vivid 3XE USB, is supported?

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot@holly.colostate.edu
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:12:36 -0700

Juanjo Alvarez wrote:

> Another thing I would like to know is what chipset does it have.

A good way to find out is to get a screwdriver and have a look inside
your
scanner :)

This does take a fair amount of courage though. A lot of people are
reluctant
to tear open their scanner to see what's inside. But it is a really good
way
to learn whether or not your scanner or could be supported.

So my suggestion is you wait a little bit and see if you learn any
specific
information from someone that knows about your specific scanner. If
nothing comes up, then you might want to try looking inside it yourself.

Note down all the numbers and manufacturers of the chips in your
scanner, then you can post it to the newsgroup. Possibly, your scanner
might be supported by drivers for another scanner that uses similar
chips.
Even  if nobody knows anything about the specific scanner you have,
someone might recognize the particular chips as being similar to another

scanner.

Marcio Luis Teixeira