[sane-devel] Colorpage Vivid 3XE continues

Jaeger, Gerhard G. Jaeger" <gjaeger@sysgo.de
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:51:58 +0100

On Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 20:26, Juanjo Alvarez wrote:
> I've finnaly had an answer to my emails from genius:
> Dear customer,
> please go to following webpage for LINUX driver. ColorPage-Vivid3XE is
> equal to ColorPage-Vivid III+V2.
>
> http://home.t-online.de/home/g-jaeger/plustek.html#others
>
> Mfg
> KYE Systems Europe
> Website:
> www.genius-europe.com
>
> Now I've compiled sane 1.0.7 with the plustek-usb code (0.41), but when I
> do a scanimage -d plustek:/dev/usb/scanner0 it seems to hang until I kill
> it when a kill -9 printing sometimes on the syslog:
>
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
[SNIP SNAP]

> [plustek] drvopen()
> [plustek] usbDev_open(/dev/usb/scanner0,)
> [plustek] Vendor ID=0x0458, Product ID=0x2017
> [plustek] usbio_DetectLM983x
>
> What could be the problem? (I'm using kernel 2.2.18-pre7)
>
> Thanks again!

Hi,

the problem is, that the ColorPage-Vivid III+V2 is a parallel-port device
which is more or less supported by the kernel-mode module found on
my page: http://home.t-online.de/home/g-jaeger/plustek.html

It seems, that the Colorpage Vivid 3XE uses internally the same ASIC
as the III+V2 and additionally a parallel to USB brigde.
This stuff is not supported by the Plustek backend, as I do not have
any idea which bridge they use, nor do I have any technical reference
material from KYE.

So there's currently no way to use this scanner with the backend - sorry!

Gerhard