[sane-devel] frontend/API suggestion

Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:47:06 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:27:19PM +0000, Major A wrote:
> I find the black/white/grey-point features of xsane very easy to use,

These features aren't SANE options by the way, but one way of
manipulating a gamma curve as far as I know. But Oliver Rauch is the
expert for these things :-)

> and suggest another similar feature: autofocus point selection. On
> Nikon Coolscans, it is possible to select the AF point, which in the
> current version of the coolscan2 backend is done via the options
> "focusx" and "focusy", currently in pixels. Is it possible to replace
> this with a click-on-the-spot selection in the preview? Maybe even in
> the SANE 2 API?

The SANE API isn't talking about how to present an option. So you can
only define the option type, constraint etc. and make it a well known
option. The frontend then decides how to present this option to the
user. E.g. scanimage will never use something like "click-on-the-spot".

Oliver, can we add such an option to the list of SANE2 well known
options (or is it there already)?