[sane-devel] frontend/API suggestion

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:28:56 +0000

> These features aren't SANE options by the way, but one way of
> manipulating a gamma curve as far as I know. But Oliver Rauch is the
> expert for these things :-)

Yes, I just wanted to describe the sort of functionality I was looking
for.

> The SANE API isn't talking about how to present an option. So you can
> only define the option type, constraint etc. and make it a well known
> option. The frontend then decides how to present this option to the
> user. E.g. scanimage will never use something like "click-on-the-spot".
>
> Oliver, can we add such an option to the list of SANE2 well known
> options (or is it there already)?

Again, that's what I meant. This would have to be a bit more involved
than just the focusx and focusy options, because toggling AF/MF
operation should be incorporated in this in one way or another.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/