[sane-devel] All sane frontends segfault with my HP 5200C

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 17:44:49 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:06:12PM -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> > The sg ioctl SG_GET_SCSI_ID yields the same information as
> >
> > SCSI_IOCTL_GET_IDLUN plus the SCSI device type. SANE should
> > be only interested in SCSI device types:
> >   - SCANNER (6)
> >   - PROCESSOR (3) [HP scanners prefer this type]
>
> Can anyone write a patch for this so we can test it? I won't touch
> sanei_scsi.c with all it's different paths for different systems. Way
> to complex for me :-)

Done. Was a bit more work: As doug wrote, SCSI_IOCTL_GET_LUN is not that
useful, because it does not provide information about the device type;
and SG_GET_SCSI_ID does not exist for ancient versions of the SG driver.

Abel