[sane-devel] AGFA SnapScan e20: It's not in the scanimage list and don't work.

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:25:02 +0100

Hi,

> actually I don't know why I need usbmgr. I tried to use the scanner without
> usbmgr and it didn't work. I found anywhere the information I need this
> package. And the scanner is working perfectly... Could you tell me how to
> use the scanner witout this package?.

If you didn't customize any usbmgr settings I don't think it's doing anything
useful (except maybe for providíng some basic initialization for your system,
e.g. load the basic USB modules (uhci or ohci), mount the usbdev filesystem
etc. - this depends on your system setup.).

My guess is that you can simply uninstall usbmgr, scanning should work the
same as before. If not, it would be interesting to know why.

Regards,

Oliver