[sane-devel] HP scanjet 7400c

Simone simone.deparis@epfl.ch
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:26:08 +0100

Hi all,

I've got an HP scanjet 7400c, which happend to be unsupported by sane. Anyway I
would like to  install it and use it with sane. Somebody has ever tried?
Suggestions? I am ready to try some patches but I need some help and support.
I already wrote to HP asking for helping the sane project, but I got no answer.

Thanks for your help,

Simone

> sane-find-scanner
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus.  It will even find scanners that are not supported
# at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that is connected to a
# parallel, USB or other non-SCSI port.

sane-find-scanner: found scanner "hp scanjet 7400c 0.8B" at device /dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: found scanner "hp scanjet 7400c 0.8B" at device /dev/sg0
sane-find-scanner: found scanner "hp scanjet 7400c 0.8B" at device /dev/sga

> scanimage -L

> rpm -qa | grep sane
sane-backends-devel-1.0.7-1
sane-backends-1.0.7-1
xsane-0.84-1
xsane-gimp-0.84-1
sane-frontends-1.0.7-1
> uname -a
Linux mapc165 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
> cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)

--
Simone.Deparis NOSPAM @epfl.ch