[sane-devel] Hi... I use a scanjet 6350cse with no problem...

Sunil William Savkar savkar@inthespace.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:44:46 -0500 (EST)

The scanjets seem to do quite well, and mine is also USB.

What are the symptoms you are seeing?

For instance, do you see /dev/usb/scanner or /dev/usb/scanner0.

If not, then the problem is not even in sane, but in your usb driver
support (i.e. redhat).

If you do see it, then the next question is your set up with SANE.  For
instance, have you properly edited /etc/sane.d/hp.conf?

If you don't have the following lines, you again will run into difficulties:

USB
/dev/usb/scanner
option connect-device

At least this is how i got things working.  Let me know if this is enough
to get you going!  You should then be able to use scanimage after that (or
xscanimage if you have that installed).

Sunil