[sane-devel] xsane zoom control

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:11:33 +0000

> I have a probelm with the zoom control in xsane. I wish to be able to
> set it to numbers like 50% (0.5) and 90% (0.9), and even 95%, as I have
> some originals which are just slightly larger than a piece of A4.
> However, the zoom control as currently implemented seems to have a range
> from 0.25 to 63.90, in steps of 0.39. This leaves me with copies which
> sit in the middle of the page with lots of space around them (0.64), or
> have their margins clipped (1.03). I gather that this is just a
> limitation of the gtk++ control, as the zoom starts up at 1.00.
>
> Ideally, both a slider and an edit box would be provided. A simpler
> solution would be to reduce the upper range of the zoom (if that does
> not hurt some other application).

My suggestion (Henning, Oliver): can you create a new flag
SANE_CAP_LOGARITHMIC, which, when set, would indicate to the frontend
that the parameter is to be handled on a logarithmic scale? I has to
be clarified what the step size means in this case, whether it is a
multiplier (i.e. >1) or a step in the (natural or base-10) logarithm.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/