[sane-devel] Mustek ScanMagic 4800P with Sane 1.0.7

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:19:34 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:23:00PM +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> Then I had configured Sane (*.conf) and want to start scanimage with
> # scanimage -d mustek_pp:/dev/lp0

Are you sure that this should work? I don't have a parport scanner but
as far as I know the port is specified by the io address in
mustek_pp.conf. If the correct port and address is listed in the
config file, "scanimage -L" should list your scanner.

> Then I think that the lp0 has the false rights an I set the rights to
> 777 (with chmod) but then the same output cames from scanimage.
> I've made a link /dev/scanner which points to /dev/lp0. If I then run
> sane-find-scanner, it will hang and I've to kill it.

I don't think that mustek_pp uses the printer device (/dev/lp0). The
scanner is accessed by its IO port.

That's why you must be root to run the scanner.

> Has anybody a tip for me? Or have I to use an older version of sane?

As far as I know, there haven't been changes since 1.0.5.