[sane-devel] more on sane-find-scanner not grokking this scanner

paul beard paulbeard@mac.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:43:45 -0800

I enabled device ss0 in the kernel config, recompiled,  installed
and rebooted but the scanner still seems to show up on device uk0.

uk0 at scsibus0 target 2 lun 0: <UMAX, Astra 1200S, V2.7> SCSI2
6/scanner fixed
uk0: unknown device

So now I have commented out the uk0 device and will recompile,
install and reboot to see what that yields.

(at least 4 tries later)

Hmm, the uk0 device continues to grab the scanner even after
commenting it out of the kernel config and making a new kernel. I
physically removed it (well, deleted it) and rebooted. Still shows
up in dmesg even though it no longer exists on the filesystem . . . .

just re-created uk0 with MAKEDEV and scsictl associated it with
the scanner right away.

I guess rebooting with the scanner off or disconnected might clear
this up?